With spring finally here, it’s time to think about great foods to enjoy while watching a baseball game. It goes without saying that hot dogs are a crowd favorite, but trust me when I say these Potato Chip Chicken Skewers will have your family cheering for more! These Potato Chip Chicken Skewers are prepared with chicken breast tenders and LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips.
When we head to Fenway Park to watch our beloved Boston Red Sox, we love trying all the delicious food they have to offer. Recently, they’ve expanded their menu offerings to include several exciting and creative options. This year, the Boston Red Sox and LAY’S® Kettle Cooked chips are looking to fans for even more recipe inspiration – and they’re bringing you an opportunity to enter to win a VIP experience with the team!! Here are the details:
You will prepare an amazing, unique snack using one of the following flavors of LAY’S® Kettle Cooked potato chips: Original, Jalapeño, Mesquite BBQ, Sea Salt & Vinegar, Maui Onion, Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, Lattice Cut Aged Cheddar & Black Pepper, or Lattice Cut Roasted Garlic & Sea Salt; then submit your snack with ingredients and an optional photo to the Home Plate Snack website. Easy peasy, right?! Frito-Lay will judge the submissions and choose a winner based on the guidelines found in the rules here. What type of game day snack will you make with LAY’S® Kettle Cooked chips? I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
The grand prize winner will have their snack featured at Fenway Park during the 2018 season; four (4) right-field roof deck tickets to be used by winner and three (3) guests for one (1) 2018 regular-season Boston Red home game; a pregame guided tour of the ballpark for winner and three (3) guests; the opportunity for winner and three (3) guests to view a Boston Red Sox pregame batting practice from the field; the opportunity for winner and three (3) guests to visit the Green Monster on the date of the game; the opportunity for winner and guests to be shown as the “Your Home Plate” winner on the ballpark video board during the pre-game ceremony; and four (4) gift bags including Boston Red Sox merchandise and Frito-Lay products.
What I love most about this potato chip chicken skewer recipe is how easy it is to prepare. I can make this on a busy weeknight while we enjoy the Red Sox games on TV – or serve it to a crowd during October baseball! The flavor of the LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips is subtle enough to please baseball fans of all ages!
I served these Potato Chip Chicken Skewers with dijon honey mustard for dipping. Imagine sitting at Fenway Park on a hot summer day enjoying this delicious recipe!
- 3 cups LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips
- 2 TBSP heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 pound chicken tenders
- salt and pepper
- wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crush LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips using a food processor. [Alternate method: Add LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips to plastic zip top bag, crush using rolling pin.]
- Pour crushed LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips into a medium sized shallow bowl.
- Whisk heavy cream and egg together in a separate medium sized shallow bowl.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Individually thread chicken tenders onto wooden skewers.
- Dip chicken tender into egg mixture.
- Roll chicken tender in crushed LAY’S® Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips until completely covered.
- Place chicken tender on foil lined baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with remaining chicken tenders.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, turning chicken over once. Chicken is cooked when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees when tested with a food-grade thermometer.
Such a great combination. I used to eat both of these separately, but will give this recipe a try for sure.
Kimberly @ Foodtalko says
Yummy. My son would love this recipe. I can’t wait make it for him.